DermaScar® is a transparent, quick-drying silicone gel that improves the appearance of scars.
- Softens and flattens raised scars
- Fades red or dark scars
- Relieves the itching and discomfort of scars
DermaScar® is used to aid in the management of scarred skin surfaces, such as keloids and hypertrophic scars, resulting from general surgical procedures, burns and other injuries, after the wound has healed and skin surface is intact.
DermaScar® gel is easily applied to all areas of the skin, including the face, joints and flexures and dries rapidly to form an individual “sheet”. DermaScar® was developed using the same basic long chain polymers as topical silicone gel sheeting, but is available in a tube.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
How To Use
Wash the affected area and pat dry. Gently massage a small amount of DermaScar® into the scar. If you apply too much, gently wipe away any excess with a tissue in order to avoid staining of clothing. Apply twice daily, in the morning and evening. Once dry, DermaScar® may be covered with cosmetic blush.
When should DermaScar not be used?
- DermaScar® should not be applied on open or fresh wounds.
- DermaScar® should not be placed in contact with mucous membranes or applied too close to the eyes.
- DermaScar® should not be applied over antibiotic skin preparations or other skin treatments and/or products.
- DermaScar® should be applied to clean, dry skin only.